About Forest Schools
What is Forest Schools?
Forest Schools is a unique way of building independence, self-esteem and a positive attitude towards learning in children and young people as they explore and experience the natural world for themselves. A combination of freedom and responsibility is beneficial to children with little confidence or challenging behaviour. Valuable life skills are learnt - communication, team working and responsibility.
Why is Forest School good for children and young people?
• Beneficial for children who learn by 'doing'
• Children involved in Forest School become more responsible for their actions, can calculate risks better
and show improved self-confidence.
• A desire for learning is encouraged and transferred back to the classroom
• Forest Schools encourage children to become more active and healthy
• Children develop self-awareness
• Develop better communication skills
• Developing independence
• And much more!