The Head Teacher welcomes all new children and parents to the school.
Tours of the school are welcomed, appointments may be made by telephone or in person at the school.
Parents and carers wishing to make an application for a school place for their child must complete an application form, this can be obtained from the school office or from the local authority. Parents or carers are able to request a school place online at https://emsonline.essexcc.gov.uk/ccsenterprise_admissionsonline_live/
There is no guarantee of a place for children living in the priority admission area.
In the event of over-subscription, places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given;
1. Looked After Children and previously looked after children
2. Children with a sibling attending the school
3. Children living in the priority admission area
4. Remaining applications
In the event of over-subscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given the highest property.
Exceptional circumstances (supported by medical evidence) may override the above (other than Looked After Children and previously looked after children).
The LA may offer places above the published admission number in the following exceptional circumstances:
1. for infant classes at the class size limit: if, outside the normal admission round, the next nearest school with a space is not within a reasonable distance of the home address; or
2. for junior classes or where the admission would not breach the infant class size limit; if the journey to the next nearest school with a space is not reasonable in terms of distance, accessibility or cost.
If your child is due to start primary school and already has a statement of special educational needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), the process of selecting a primary school is linked to your child's statement or EHCP.
A consultation with the Statutory Assessment Service, schools and parents will take place and a school will be named in the statement or EHCP. You should not make an application for a primary school place.
Please contact Anthea Yorston in the school office if you require further information on 01268 521914.